2013 CACMID Membership Renewal Application
Active CACMID Membership Details
Active members shall be those individual persons actively employed in the conduct of medical laboratory investigations, either diagnostic or research, or in the teaching or promotion of same, shall be admitted to Active members by the board of councillors upon application for membership in the form provided by the Association.
Benefits of Membership
- Affiliation with one of Canada’s longest-standing microbiology associations, which actively promotes cooperation, collaborative research, and education amongst microbiologists, and also the development and promotion clinical standards and guidelines. CACMID is inclusive of all microbiology-related positions including technicians, clinicians, medical microbiologists, physicians, students, research scientists and laboratory managers.
- E-mail notification of CACMID’s e-news updates
- Have your name and contact information included on the Members Directory (opt-out available)
- Support of the the annual CACMID-AMMI Canada joint conference, enabling the CACMID board and Scientific organizing committee to develop a high impact scientific program in the areas of clinical microbiology, infectious diseases and microbiology research.
- Support of and access to CACMID workshops/eductional training events and other CACMID-affiliated or CACMID-funded meetings and workshops.
- Technologist travel education grants to attend the annual CACMID-AMMI Canada conference. Grants usually range from $250 – $1000 (depending on distance travelled), with the only requisite being that the laboratory technologist or technician member presents an oral or poster presentation.
- Clinical Microbiology Fellows travel education grants to attend the annual CACMID-AMMI Canada conference - Applicants must be a clinical microbiology fellow registered in a Canadian training program (e.g.: Canadian College of Microbiologists), a resident of Canada and and active members of CACMID. Each applicant is elgible for only one grant, and the applicant must be the presenting author in an oral or poster session at the CACMID – AMMI Canada Annual Conference. Maximum value is $1000 CDN.
- Reduced registration fees at the annual CACMID-AMMI Canada joint conference – and the reduction in fees is usually larger than the amount of membership dues, so the economics are in your favour!
- A formalized Membership Number to provide an easy reference any time you are requested for this # (conference registration, renewal, travel grants, etc).
Benefits to Sustaining Members
- Reduced fees and prime location for exhibition at Conjoint Meeting
- Liaison through CACMID with government, industry and regulatory committee
RENEWING CACMID Members:
There are two ways to RENEW your CACMID Membership:
1. Complete the following Renewal Form and submit with payment by mail.
2013 CACMID membership form (PDF download; 162K)
2. Use SECURE Online Renewal:
- $50.00 – Regular Member
- $20.00 – Student Member
- $800.00 – Sustaining Member
- $20.00 – Retired Member (formally retired and active paid-up member of CACMID for at least 3 consecutive years prior to retirement)
- No fees – Honorary Member
Attention CACMID Members:
The Board Members have passed a motion to post a Membership Directory on the CACMID web site and to make this list available to reputable companies. If you DO NOT wish to have your name and affiliation listed, please check the appropriate box on the Renewal Form.
For additional information, please contact us