Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Coast Mountain Range, Vancouver is truly spectacular by nature. A unique geographical location has earned Vancouver the reputation as a playground for all ages. From the 1000-acre lush jewel known as Stanley Park to the chic and fashionable Robson Street, Vancouver is a city of unparalleled beauty. Its vibrant, pedestrian-friendly streets are filled with individuals of varied ethnic backgrounds and walks of life people-watchers, shoppers, celebrities, business people, university students and, of course, visitors. This city enjoys the best of all worlds: four distinct seasons and showcases snow-capped mountains, ocean-side beaches, outstanding hotels and restaurants, one-of-a-kind entertainment, cleanliness and safety. With its diverse neighborhoods, convenient locale and natural beauty, it’s no surprise Vancouverites love their city and we are sure you will too.
TECHNOLOGIST AND FELLOW EDUCATIONAL TRAVEL GRANT
Each applicant is eligible for only one grant, and must have attended our 2016 annual conference.
• $250 for Technical staff attending from British Columbia and Washington State
• $500 for Technical staff attending from Alberta and Saskatchewan
• $750 for Technical staff attending from Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec
• $1,000 for Technical staff attending from Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, NWT, Yukon, Nunavut, and International
N.B: Clinical microbiology fellows (all must be Canadian residents) may submit itemized expenses with receipts to a maximum of $1,000
Hotel Information and Rebate
Located in the heart of Vancouver, you will never feel more at home than at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre. Step outside the doors and into the celebrated sites of the city. Stroll leisurely through the boutiques of Robson Street and Yaletown, take a Sea Wall Walking Tour with friends, and create memories at Stanley Park and the Vancouver Art Gallery, all just blocks away.
Slow down and take in the views of the skyline and the Pacific Ocean from your room. Jump into the heated swimming pool, ease into the whirlpool to get refreshed or get re-energize at the health club. A warm welcome awaits you at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre.
Save $100 on your full conference registration!
- Book your room with the AMMI Canada – CACMID Annual Conference hotel room block, then
- Fill in your Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre reservation number on the conference registration form and save $100.
Offer applies to full conference registration only. One rebate per hotel room!
Guest Room Rates:
- Standard Room: $179.00
- Deluxe Room: $219.00
- Club Floor: $234.00
All rooms are newly renovated and offer an LCD TV and free wireless high speed Internet.
All rates are in Canadian dollars and do not include taxes applicable at the time of the event. Currently the applicable taxes are the following: 5% GST, 12% Hotel Room Tax, and a 1.5% Destination Marketing Fee per room. Taxes are subject to change without notice (the hotel room tax for previously noted as 11%).
- Address: 1088 Burrard Street. Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R9, Canada
- Phone: 1 (604) 331-1000
- Email: Paul Sharp, Group Reservations Coordinator
Reservations made at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre after the cutoff are on a space available basis and group rates may no longer apply.
- Other hotels within 5-10 minutes walking distance of the conference include:
Last year several housing agencies presented themselves as hotel booking agents for the AMMI Canada – CACMID Annual Conference and contacted exhibitors and attendees to solicit hotel reservations. The meeting team issued a cease and desist letter to the agencies.
AMMI Canada, CACMID and Unconventional Planning are the only official housing agents for the annual conference. NO other housing company or travel agent is authorized to place hotel reservations on behalf of the AMMI Canada – CACMID Annual Conference.
John G. FitzGerald – CACMID Award
Nominations Due February 12, 2016
This award is given annually to a Canadian Microbiologist who has significantly advanced the field of medical microbiology in his/her area of specialty within this field. The award is focused on those individuals who have been outstanding in any aspects of medical and clinical microbiology. This includes clinical service or research or teaching or a combination of all three. There are no restrictions as to the stage of the awardees career.
The award includes travel to the Vancouver conference, $1000 CDN, personalized award plaque, and a lifetime honorary CACMID membership
Delegate registration for the AMMI Canada – CACMID Annual Conference 2016 is now open! Use the links below to register online:
For registration inquiries, contact Unconventional Planning:
32 Colonnade Road, Unit 100
Ottawa, ON K2E 7J6, Canada
Tel.: (613) 721-7061
Toll free: 1 (888) 625-8455 (North America Only)
Fax: (613) 721-3581
|Early Bird*||Full Rate|
|Full Conference||Daily Rate||Full Conference||Daily Rate|
* Payment must be received before the early bird fee cut-off date of February 15, 2016.
** A letter of attestation from the teaching institution indicating the registrant is enrolled in a full-time program must accompany the registration.
SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITOR INFORMATION
- Sponsorship Material
- Exhibit Information
Central Planning Committee (CPC)
- Daniel B. Gregson, President, CPC Co-Chair
- Caroline Quach, President-Elect
- A. Mark Joffe, Past-President
- Isabelle Chiu, Scientific Planning Committee Co-Chair
- Shariq Haider, Sponsorship Committee Co-Chair
- Mel Krajden, Co-Treasurer
- Jeff Fuller, President, CPC Co-Chair
- Heather Adam, Past-President
- Jessica Minion, Vice-President, Scientific Planning Committee Co-Chair
- Matthew Gilmour, Co-Treasurer
- Paul Levett, Meeting Secretary, Abstract Chair
Scientific Planning Committee (SPC)
- Isabelle Chiu, Co-Chair
- Edith Blondel-Hill
- Peter Daley
- Gerald Evans
- Sarah Forgie
- Todd Hatchette
- Matthew Oughton
- David Patrick
- Susan Poutanen
- Duncan Webster
- Titus Wong
- Shazia Masud
- Jessica Minion, Co-Chair
- Vanessa Allen
- Meghan Dey
- Greg German
- Matthew Gilmour
- Paul Levett
- Doris Poole
- Christine Turenne
- Association des médecins microbiologistes infectiologues du Québec (AMMIQ)
- Association des microbiologistes du Québec (AMQ)
- Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR)
- Canadian College of Microbiologists (CCM)
- Canadian Foundation for Infectious Diseases (CFID)
- Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS)
- Canadian Thoracic Society (CTS)
- Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA)
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Canada, formerly CHICA-Canada
- Pan American Society for Clinical Virology
- Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)