The CACMID Mentorship Award recognizes individuals who have demonstrated a consistent and impactful commitment to mentoring trainees in the fields of clinical microbiology and infectious diseases. The awardee will be publicly announced, and the award presented at the annual AMMI-CACMID Conference’s Awards Ceremony each year.
This inaugural honour (2024) will be awarded each year (depending on available funds) at the annual AMMI-CACMID meeting. The award includes a monetary value of $800 and a commemorative plaque. The recipient will be invited to the CACMID annual meeting to receive the award. Registration cost will be reimbursed.
- The nominee’s contributions must demonstrate a benefit to trainees in the disciplines of clinical microbiology and/or infectious diseases, whether in career/professional development, education, research, or other areas.
- Nominees must have a professional role at a Canadian institution (e.g. laboratory, hospital, university). The role could be a Clinical/Medical Microbiologist, medical laboratory staff (e.g. MLT, MLA, operational staff), Infectious Diseases physician, university instructor/lecturer/supervisor, etc.
Nominations must include:
- Questionnaire submitted online by a single nominator. Questionnaires will be sent out with the call for nominations.
○ Nominators can be anyone affiliated with clinical/medical microbiology (technologists, lab supervisors, microbiologists, trainees, etc.).
Note: A curriculum vitae of the nominated individuals will be requested upon review by the CACMID Awards & Nominations Committee.
- The CACMID Awards and Nominations committee is responsible for the search, review, and selection of award nominees.
- The CACMID Awards and Nominations committee will coordinate a call for nominations from CACMID membership and the Canadian microbiology community with CACMID’s Secretary in October/November of the year preceding the annual meeting.
- Deadline for nominations will be the first week of February.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Selected nominees will be approved by a committee majority vote, and in the event of a tie, the CACMID President will make the final determination from the tied nominees.
- The application submitter and award recipient will be notified by the first week of March by the CACMID President once the decision is made.
- The CACMID Awards and Nominations committee will review the applications and announce the winner at the annual AMMI-CACMID Conference’s Awards Ceremony.